write an 8–10 page paper in which you describe search for evidence and evaluation using one of the rapid critical appraisal checklists in Appendix B of Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Health Care
Using your PICOT question as a guide and your starting point for this next project, you will conduct an efficient, thorough search for evidence to address the clinical question. The study types you seek will depend on the clinical question being asked. The best evidence to answer a question might be found in systematic reviews, randomized controlled trials, nonrandomized experimental studies, qualitative or descriptive studies, evidence-based practice guidelines, or expert opinion. Information should be searched for in all relevant sources, and the highest level of evidence should always be sought.
For this assignment, write an 8–10 page paper in which you describe search for evidence and evaluation using one of the rapid critical appraisal checklists in Appendix B of Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Health Care (keep this checklist in your portfolio for later use).
In this paper:
- Conduct a search for evidence that justifies the extent of the problem using:
- Scientific literature and practice guidelines (if applicable).
- Consensus documents (if applicable).
- Quality improvement data (if available and applicable).
- Expert opinion.
- List your search terms, databases used, and process by which you narrowed your search to find the best evidence.
- Use the rating of evidence to rank the strength of selected articles.
- Construct an evidence table summarizing at least five studies. Use the table in Appendix C of Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Health Care as a template.
- Synthesize the findings.
- Adhere to APA style and formatting throughout your paper and when citing your sources.