My dear students,
By now, you have explored a wide range of writing styles and approaches
This week, as one last request for this course, I’d like to ask you to meditate deeply on all you have learned, concepts you have reinforced, and new discoveries you have made in this beautiful art of writing, during this school term.
1. Consider the following questions:
- Did you have a favorite type of writing?
- What was it? Did you know you had one?
- What is your favorite type of writing now?
- Which week in your ENC3311 course have you enjoyed the most, in terms of writing styles?
- What can I apply in this form of writing to support my thesis and main idea (include Cite works in APA Style)
2. Choose a free topic and the writing style of your choice (even if we did not cover it here):
- Free Writing (blogging) styles
- Creative Writing
- Descriptive Writing
- Research hard piece in MLA and APA styles
In this assignment, feel free to also try:
- Story Telling
- Opinion-based or Editorial
- Raising Awareness
- Science and Technology
- Literary Review
and any other form of your choice
3. Stay within 425-450 words, please.
4. Have a Cover Page separate from your content, your byline below your creative title (not the name of the topic or the assignment), have your a clear Thesis, add Body with supporting elements and backing references, and Conclusion (no need to write “Conclusion” or “In conclusion”) wrapping up your main idea and/or leaving a final message or take away for readers.
5. Submit by Sunday, end of week 7.