This final project is based on the following Harvard Business Case Study Series: Abdelal, R., & Moss, D. (2011). The international monetary fund in crisis. Retrieved from: https://hbsp.harvard.edu/tu/768a34a2
Assume your team was hired as senior financial management analysts to perform organization autopsy on the IMF. Your report must be based on the above case and other scholarly material or journals to support your analysis. To write an effective report, your team must read the case in its entirety. After reading and analyzing the case, each team is required as part of the final project to address the following:
- Write a one-page summary of the case.
- What is the case against the IMF as an international lender of last resort?
- What integration did the IMF promote?
- Why did the exchange rate system break down in 1970?
- Why was the IMF powerless to influence the U.S policy making during the 2008 financial crisis?
- Develop a strategic finance plan or a financial rescue package for economic growth/development project in a country of your choosing. Model your rescue package to the country in accordance with Exhibit 3, page 17 of the case.
- Copy and update Exhibit 2 on page 17 of the case, and write a three-paragraph bio of the current managing director of the IMF.
- Analyze the global financial markets and the factors that affect them.
- Examine regulatory issues affecting foreign investments and foreign exchange.
- Study Exhibit 6 on page 19, and discuss why some countries are overrepresented and others are underrepresented in IMF voting.
Your team’s written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 10 to 12 pages in length, plus exhibits or illustrations.
- Support your project with six to seven peer-reviewed articles/professional journals in addition to the textbook. Your online library contains excellent resources for this project.
- Be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Include a title page, introduction, conclusion, and references page.
- Submit a peer-evaluation form, assessing the collaborative skills, communication and effectiveness of each team member toward the completion of the project. Final grades will be assigned based on each team member’s contribution.