Scholarly Product Development
As noted in previous weeks of the course, collegial collaboration can broaden your perspective and help you to generate new ideas. How might this be true for the development of a scholarly product for dissemination?
In this Discussion, you and your colleagues share insights related to dissemination, including how dissemination relates to your development as a scholar-practitioner and as a nurse leader.
- Reflect on the process you engaged in (with your Instructor or committee chair) of selecting the journal or other format for your DNP Project scholarly product for dissemination. What are the strengths and limitations of the forum you selected?
- What insights have you gained through developing this product? (You may also wish to reflect on insights gained through your oral presentations.)
- What other forums could be appropriate for disseminating the findings of your DNP Project? (Consider involvement in professional organizations, for instance.)
- How does dissemination relate to your development as a scholar-practitioner and a nurse leader?
By tomorrow Tuesday 7/30 6 pm write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references. Include the level one headers as numbered below:
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Describe the format/ forum you selected for your DNP Project (electronic health record) scholarly product for dissemination.
2) Discuss the strengths and limitations of the approach you selected.
3) Describe two or more other ways to disseminate the findings, discussion, and implications of your DNP Project (electronic health record).
4) Explain how dissemination relates to your development as a scholar-practitioner and a nurse leader.
Ousley, A. L., Swarz, J. A., Milliken, E. L., & Ellis, S. (2010). Cancer education and effective dissemination: Information access is not enough. Journal of Cancer Education, 25(2), 196–205.
This article details the results of a Practitioner Information Needs survey that was administered to five different types of practitioners involved in cancer care.
Walsh, N. (2010). Dissemination of evidence into practice: Opportunities and threats. Primary Health Care, 20(3), 26–30.
This article reports on research into the perceived barriers that may impede the implementation of evidence-based practice.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012a). Developing a scholarly product for dissemination. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 6 minutes.
In this media presentation, Dr. Kris Mauk shares her DNP Project poster created for a presentation at the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses National Conference.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!