reflect on the historical and current image and voice of nursing and the profession of nursing are affected.
Reference the “Turnitin Requirement” section of the course Syllabus (or Using Turnitin for Assignments on the Topic List Page) for general instructions. Please note: You will need to submit the final version of your assignment in the course space as well as to Turnitin.
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is for the student to reflect on the historical and current image and voice of nursing and the profession of nursing are affected. The student will project how to enhance the image and voice of nursing in the future in order to recruit, retain, and reward nurses.
Guidelines for Writing the Paper
This paper is a comprehensive assessment of nursing image and voice. You will conduct a review of literature about the image and voice of nursing and how it affects rewards, recruitment, and retention in nursing. Future challenges and strategies for improvement will be included. The paper will be a minimum of 7 double-spaced pages in length and maximum of 14 pages, excluding the title sheet and the reference list, and must address these criteria:
- Description of historical image of nursing
- Overview of how nursing image is portrayed by, and affected by the media
- How nursing leaders impact image
- How nursing staff impact image
- Description of how the image of nursing can be improved
- Future challenges
Grading Criteria for Assignment 3: Image and Voice of Nursing Paper
This assignment, which is in the form of a scholarly paper, is worth 15% of your grade. The paper will be a minimum of 7 double-spaced pages in length and maximum of 14 pages, excluding the title sheet and the reference list, and minimally must address these criteria:
- Description of historical image of nursing: (10 points)
- Overview of how nursing image is portrayed by and affected by the media: (20 points) Include various forms of media such as print, television, and film media Explanation of how nursing leaders and nursing staff impact image: (15 points)
- Description of how the image of nursing can be improved: (20 points)
- Combine a summary of findings from the literature with your thoughts; include at least two behaviors you can implement to improve the image of nursing.
- Future challenges: (10 points)
- Summary: (5 points) Briefly summarize the past image of nursing, the current image of nursing, and projections for the future image. Summarize the importance of image to nursing as a profession.
- Uses correct grammar. Paper flows in a logical, organized sequence. (10 points)
- Uses APA format throughout the paper. Includes at least five professional references. (10 points)
APA format of paper includes:
- Title page
- Body of paper: references cited in paper, margins, page numbers, paragraph structure, use of headings.
- References: correct APA citation; minimum of five professional references
Mentor’s tip for this paper:
The references listed in the back of From Silence to Voice may be helpful to identify possible resources for this paper.
Note: These directions will be used to evaluate and grade your assignment. Please refer to the details when preparing your assignment.
Use the Add submission button to submit your written assignment.