In this project, you will create an informative PowerPoint featuring the traditional music of India .
The PowerPoint should include the following:
1. A summary of the chosen culture including a short history.
2. A brief explanation of some beliefs and traditions of the culture.
3. Description of the instruments used in that culture’s music.
4. Explanation of the key attributes of the culture’s music, including melody, harmony, timbre, texture, rhythm and form. (If the style of music you choose does not include one or more of these musical elements, then you need to explain why that musical element is not present in the music.)
5. Specific introduction to one piece of music from the culture. Include at least one example of the music, such as through linking to YouTube performances. Be sure to include a description of the musical example.
Embedded photos and videos need to be cited.
Sources must be valid, academic sources (i.e. Please do not use non-academic websites, such as Wikipedia or About.com). Your PowerPoint should not contain more than 15% direct quotes and direct quotes must be in quotation marks. Direct quotes and paraphrased material must be cited in the body of the text and in a reference section.