Option #1: Develop an Unconscious Bias Awareness Training Manual Paper
The role of business leaders is important in raising a question mark to the existence of these unconscious biases. All strategies of human resource (HR) leaders will fail if they are unable to locate such biases. If not taken care, strong organizations will be degenerated. The various strategies which professionals can use to make people realize their unconscious bias and thus remove its negative effects from an organization. To address unconscious biases, it is important to educate people and develop self-awareness about these biases. The critical thinking assignment this week, you will develop an Awareness Training manual. This manual will address:
- Strategies that serve this purpose engage employees in building a set of habits that help old biases fade and foster new, positive beliefs and attitudes.
- Include activities such as stereotype replacement, courageous conversations, positive affirmation and goal setting, while explicitly recognizing learners’ capacity for personal and professional growth and committed action.
- Your submission should be 4 pages in length (not including title or reference pages) and be formatted according to the CSU Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
- Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the course reading material and relevant research.
- You must include a minimum of 6 credible, academic, or professional references beyond the text or other course materials (at least two scholarly/peer-reviewed from the CSU Global Library).
- You may wish to review the Template Paper (Links to an external site.) for help formatting your essay according to the requirements.
- If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Catalyst. (2019, July 8). Infographic: How to combat unconscious bias as a leader in your organization. https://www.catalyst.org/research/infographic-how-to-combat-unconscious-bias-as-a-leader-in-your-organization/.
Sanchez, A. (2020, January 9). Unconscious bias training that actually makes a difference. Training Industry. https://trainingindustry.com/articles/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/unconscious-bias-training-that-actually-makes-a-difference/.