Nursing Care for Spiritual Distress: A Case Study
In the chapter titled “Spiritual Assessment” in your course textbook, there is a case study describing parents who have spiritual concerns related to their daughter’s health care. The nursing diagnosis of spiritual distress is made based on the assessment data. You are required to provide at least 1 short-term outcome and 3–4 nursing interventions that will aid in attaining the outcome.
Based on your own experience and from your readings in this course, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, address the following:
Read the case study in the chapter “Spiritual Assessment” in your course textbook, and based on your understanding, answer the following questions:
- What are the factors causing spiritual distress for this family?
- What are the short-term outcomes related to the diagnosis of spiritual distress in this case study?
- What are the priority nursing interventions in this situation?
- What are your thoughts, feelings, and/or concerns related to caring for this family including why you think this self-reflection may be important as you provide nursing care?
- Write your initial response in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document.
- Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail. Include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA style. Demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
By the due date assigned, copy your response from your document and paste it in the Discussion Area. In addition, post your Microsoft Word document as an attachment. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two classmates’ responses.
Do the following when responding to your classmates:
- Read your classmates’ responses.
- Provide substantive comments by doing some or all of the following:
- Contribute new, relevant information from course readings, websites, or other sources
- Build on the remarks or questions of others
- Share practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to your classmates on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing:
- Is clear, concise, and organized
- Demonstrates ethical scholarship in the accurate representation and attribution of sources
- Displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation