MEASURES TO ACTUALLY REDUCE HEALTH RISKS
PLEASE—-NO plagiarism- copy or paste—-Include References–Answer all questions*
What percentage of population was affected by the disease?
Have there been instances of any historical outbreaks of the disease? How was the disease handled and controlled in your community?
What were the objectives and goals of your public education plan to control this disease?
What initiatives were taken by the government departments to mitigate the impact of the disease?
What measures would you suggest in the plan to actually reduce health risks?
How would the plan allow the public to recognize pathogens are related to the cause of diseases and other health problems?
How would the plan suggest measures to prevent the outbreak of the chosen infectious disease?
Go to Section III: Cases and Discussion Questions and read the case: High Blood Pressure: A Public Health and Healthcare Success.
Answer all five questions listed below:
1. How does the history of high blood pressure demonstrate the problem description and etiology components of the P.E.R.I.E. process? What different types of studies were used to establish etiology or contributory cause?
2. How does the history of high blood pressure illustrate the evidence-based recommendations and implementations and evaluation components of the P.E.R.I.E. process?
3. Explain the justification for updating the definition of what is considered a “healthy” blood pressure level.
4. How does the history of high blood pressure demonstrate the application of the four criteria for a successful screening program? Explain.
5. Using the four quadrants of costs and effectiveness, how would you classify treatment of hypertension for the average person? For those with diabetes? Explain.
Your report should be no less than two pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 font. (500 words). Use supporting sources as necessary. Make sure to use proper in text citations.