The significance and understanding of aging is influenced by several factors. When completing this paper, focus on the inverse relationship of how larger social and cultural contexts shape aging processes and how these in turn shape the societies and cultures in which they occur.
Examine the current economic environment and recognize any dramatic event that changed the traditional transitional path from worker to retiree in American society. How have these changing economic forces altered the role and quality of life for older adults?
Create a 700- to 1,050-word informational pamphlet or flow chart depicting the occupation you feel has been most affected by changing economic forces.
Review how the path from worker to retiree in that occupation has been altered. Complete the following in your pamphlet or flow chart:
- Review the various phases of retirement.
- Specific to the occupation you selected, explain how each of these phases has been affected by changing economic forces.
- Identify the alternatives that are now available in lieu of traditional retirement.
- Explain how retirement planning has affected younger adults.
- Describe to what degree you feel retirement planning options affect career selection for younger adults today.
Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.