0 0 munewa munewa2019-06-27 02:08:132019-06-27 02:08:13discuss the roles of the baccalaureate nurse outside the acute care setting;
discuss the roles of the baccalaureate nurse outside the acute care setting;
Written Assignment: Special Needs Population
Students Please Note: This assignment must be submitted to turnitin.com.
The Turnitin originality report MUST be submitted in PDF format. At the link below is a screenshot with instructions: Screenshot with PDF Instructions
Assignments submitted with turnitin reports in any other format will not be graded.
Reference the “Turnitin Requirement” section of the course Syllabus (or Using Turnitin for Assignments on the Topic List Page) for general instructions. Upload both your assignment and the originality report within the assignment link.
Purpose and Overview
The purpose of this assignment is for the student to:
- discuss the roles of the baccalaureate nurse outside the acute care setting;
- identify a changing demographic population of interest;
- create a list of the special needs for the population; and
- discuss how to include evidence-based practice in caring for the population.
- Please think about the role of the baccalaureate nurse who is caring for a changing demographic population of interest (for example Aging Population, Baby Boomer Generations, or Veterans).
- Interview a baccalaureate nurse working with the population selected.
- Based on your interview and discussion with the nurse:
- develop a list of the special needs of the population;
- search the literature and identify at least five evidence-based nursing interventions to address the special needs of the identified population;
- write a 3–4 page paper using the following guidelines:
- in 1-2 paragraphs, introduce the population and discuss the global healthcare needs of the population selected;
- in 1-2 paragraphs, discuss the special needs of the selected population;
- in 2-4 paragraphs, summarize evidence from the literature on the five nursing interventions used to address the special needs of the population;
- in two paragraphs write the conclusion for the paper in which you:
- discuss the value of evidence-based practice in addressing the population special needs: and
- summarize the specific role the baccalaureate nurse has in caring for the selected population.
- Submit your paper using the Submission link.