Introduction: This assignment examines the link between social emotional competence and school readiness.
This assignment fulfills
- Module Outcome One: Examined how observation and assessment impact curriculum planning for individual and groups of children.
- Course Outcome Three: Completed written activities and lesson plans utilizing authentic child observation/assessment in planning for the needs and experiences and classroom environments of young children.
- General Education Competency Five: You will have demonstrated computer literacy.
Summarize the attached article from NAEYC’s Young Children journal, School Readiness Assessments by Maxwell and Clifford
The summary should answer the following three questions below. Each question must have an answer that is a minimum of 7-10 sentences.Please make sure you read the statement on Plagiarism. Also, do not copy and paste the article – that is plagiarism.
1) What is the main focus of the article?
2) What are three strategies that are discussed in the article?
3) How will you implement (use) the strategies/ideas (from the article) when working with young children?
The summary is graded on a 100 point scale; it is worth 2% of your overall class grade.
Maximum points are given when length of 3 paragraphs with each paragraph containing 7 – 10 sentences is met and content answers the three required questions
1– 4 points are deducted for incorrect spelling and grammar.
5 – 10 points are deducted if length requirement is not met.
3 – 10 points are deducted if the summary does not contain useful strategies to use with young children.