Aged Care Nursing-Ageism in healthcare
3978NRS: Aged Care Nursing-Ageism in healthcare-Nursing Assignment
Explore the scholarly literature, published between 2010- 2016 inclusive, to critically analyse the
impact of ageism in healthcare. Your critical analysis must include the impact of a registered nurse’s ageist behaviour on the older patient, the nursing care of the older patient and the impact on colleagues in the health care team.
1) Define ageism and contextualise it to the health care of an older person.
2) Discuss theories and principles that are relevant to ageism, nursing care and the health care environment.
3) Critically analyse the impact of a registered nurse’s ageist behaviour on
A.an older patient in their care
B.the safety and quality of the nursing care of an older patient in their care
C.colleagues from the health care team
4) Identify and explain two strategies that are effective in addressing ageism in health care.
5) Support your critical analysis with a minimum of 15 scholarly articles.
Nursing theories are tested and systematic ways to implement nursing practice. Select a nursing theory and its conceptual model. Prepare a 10-15 slide PowerPoint in which you describe the nursing theory and its conceptual model and demonstrate its application in nursing practice. Include the following:Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.